Ingredients (always use organic ingredients when available) :
2 small apples (wash thoroughly)
¼ Cup Peanut Butter (or other nut butter)
1/8 Cup chopped pistachios
1 Tablespoon dried currants
Yield: 2 sandwiches
1. You can use any sorta apple here. If I was making a bunch of these, I would probably mix it up for variety and you might want to adjust the ingredients accordingly. For example, with Granny Smith apples being so tart… maybe add in some organic white chocolate chips?
2. Trim the bottoms so the two apples sit flat and then cut them into three thick slices, leaving the top. Sure, you aren’t going to eat the stem but it’s so freaking pretty, leave it on! Mind you, if you are serving this much later than when you prepare them, coat the slices with a bit of lemon juice to prevent browning.
3. You are going to smear about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or other nut butter onto each slice. Add the chopped pistachios to the bottom layer.
4. Now continue with the currants.
5. Top it off with apple. Enjoy!
For Detail: Click here